Energy theft is one of the costliest types of theft.
Utility distribution companies in many countries face challenges in revenue protection from the trading services of electricity. Powercom’s Revenue Enhancement System aim to meet these challenges, improve the existing distribution network to reduce losses, thereby increasing revenue collection
The Revenue Enhancement System (RES) can do loss analysis – a comparison of consumption on different levels. Example: Bulk meter’s (DT level) consumption comparison with summation of consumption of all slave meters.
A daily loss analysis is done from feeder level to all Distribution Transformers (DTs) and from DT level to all customers. It shows the consumption of each customer for farther analysis of possible customer bypassing the meters.
- Alert level value by percentage can be set. Exceeding this value will generate an alert to the designated staff.
- RES analyses meter tampering flags, power outages, usage trends and usage profiles to identify potential energy diversion situations, and produce daily reports, monthly reports, and service order requests for investigation.
- Business rules for revenue protection alerts are configurable via a user-friendly interface.
- Filter out revenue protection alerts that may be caused by field activities if the field activity information is provided from the field via WFA.
- Support the analytics/investigation (i.e. view current and historical usage patterns) to valid suspected revenue protection issues.
Powercom Revenue Enhancement System Solution.