Réseau d’eau intelligent
Reliable 2-way fixed network communications enables a variety of applications such as:
- remote meter readings on demand;
- synchronisation of meters’ real-time-clocks;
- identification of non-revenue water within the hour;
- customer access to granular consumption data via an online portal;
- water forecasting to enable the shifting of some pumping operations to lower electricity tariff periods;
- remote control of flow, pumps, pressure controllers, and valves across the water network in near real-time;
- pre-payment functionality including charging of the smart meters via the communications;
- extension of meter battery lifetime up to 20 years by communications handshake enabling meters to revert to sleep mode when communications have been confirmed;
- remote firmware upgrade of network elements (meters, repeaters, concentrators) via the Meter Data Management (MDM) software;
- tampering alerts in near real-time;
- remotely update Time-of-Use (TOU)/step tariff tables.
The system gives utilities the peace of mind that the solution they deploy is already well established and proven, and will create a secure, data highway for mission critical applications like smart metering, as well as a clear path to the utility network needs of tomorrow.
- True two-way fixed network communications with high-performance reliability, availability and scalability
- Single concentrator (aggregator) can handle up-to 40,000 endpoint.
- Multi-layered security (from endpoint to user interface).
- Unlicensed frequency operating in 850-920Mhz.
- Protocol: RF – Modbus;
- Bandwidth: 52kbs both sides;
- Communication distance 1.5klm line of sight (LOS) 300m built up (depending on local conditions) from meter before requiring a repeater;
- Star Network – Certain meters can be configured to perform as repeaters. The repeaters are mesh. It is a learning system.